Happy new year one and all!
We had a great 2015. Here are a few highlights (not all of them).
- We launched Flipside Radio, back in April, with a four day FM Radio broadcast live across Chester on 90.2
- We hosted and promoted a monthly live music night at Telford’s Warehouse. Promoting local artists and DJs.
- Too many local bands and musicians to mention here came in to The Flipside studio to perform live sessions.
- We worked with more than 50 local organisation, charities and community groups to promote the great work they do.
- We ran a series of radio skills workshops at Chester Aid to The Homeless.
- Over 40 local school children were involved in producing and presenting content for the radio station.
- In partnership with Seeds, we put together TWO music festivals. Seeds, at Alexander’s, and The Flipside Campout at Kings Acre Farm Saughall.
- We launched our Lottery Funded ‘Out Reach Radio’ project.
- We finished the year with another four day FM broadcast on 90.2.
We’ve got big plans for 2016…
- We plan to get out and about in the community more and more. We aim to be working with a number of local organisations and we’ll be popping up and broadcasting all over town.
- More gigs, festivals and events.
- We’ll be recruiting more volunteers to help us push the station forward.
- We’re looking for presenters, DJs, producers, writers, photographers, artists, event planners and more.
- We’ll be offering more free radio skills training courses.
- New shows!
Watch this space for news on all the above very soon.